Wednesday, March 10, 2010

God of the impossible.

I was reading in my bible this morning in Genesis 18:1-15. Weird i know who really reads Genesis anymore hah. Though the story of Sarah really stuck out to me.

10 Then the LORD said, "I will surely return to you about this time next year, and Sarah your wife will have a son." Now Sarah was listening at the entrance to the tent, which was behind him. 11 Abraham and Sarah were already old and well advanced in years, and Sarah was past the age of childbearing. 12 So Sarah laughed to herself as she thought, "After I am worn out and my master is old, will I now have this pleasure?"


These few lines really stuck out to me cause i related to them.. Not that I was going to be 90 obviously and trying to have a baby..but the part about Sarah laughing. There are so many times when I belittle God. That’s just impossible I think. I could never get up that habit it’s just too hard to kick. Though God keeps his promises.

"Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But with God everything is possible."-Matthew 19:26


Proof right there that God is bigger than that. He conquered powerful armies, parted a sea, and raised form the dead. And yet Sarah thought she was too old that God was not going to fulfill his promise made to her? Got to love us women we always doubt what God has is bigger and better. We are always trying to be in control.

Man, sometimes i have to step back and realized How great our God is, and that God will keep his promises-even when it means doing the impossible. Lord take my heart, and transform it. Break me away from my world flesh and desires. Lord, help me to stop doubting how big you are and how you keep your promises. Help me to realize that things are not always on my timing, but your timing is the best lord <3

No comments:

Post a Comment