Monday, March 8, 2010

Obedience.


What does it really mean to be obedient to God? what does that look like. When I put all my desires above god's desires, it always somehow catches up with me. When I stay in an unhealthy friendship or relationship that is not obedient to god, it always has a destructive outcome. Why do we feel the need to be more obedient to the world and our desires, then God's word?

For some reason we are always saying BUT...God's saying "Christie do this" "But God..."Why do our heart immediately not want to obey. God's been breaking my heart lately alot so I could hear and get the message. I had to understand that god is not asking me to do something for him, but with him. God's been really speaking to me with

Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires- Song of Songs 2:7

How hard is it, especially with relationships to look past our desires and timings and look to Gods. How many times also do we go into relationships the right way? We watched the nooma video flame tonight and it really hit on the 3 things that were made for a man and woman in marriage..

1. friend/companion
2. emotion leading to commitment
3. physical part to the relationship

Without all three of these it is not possible to be satisfied. Take affairs for example.. you have number 3 that physical part but you are always trying to get the commitment and companion part. Or take a marriage where you have the friend part, but no emotion or the physical its like they have lost the flame for eachother. See, all three are needed.

Then he goes on to talk about how they describe love in the bible ….

Proverbs 30:18-19 There are three things that amaze me— no, four things that I don’t understand: how an eagle glides through the sky, how a snake slithers on a rock, how a ship navigates the ocean, how a man loves a woman

Song of Solomon 1:2 Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth— for your love is more delightful than wine.
Song of Solomon 2:16 My lover is mine, and I am his

Song of Solomon 4:10 How delightful is your love, my sister, my bride! How much more pleasing is your love than wine, and the fragrance of your perfume than any spice!

Song of Solomon 8:6 Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame



Do we treat love the same as the people of Song of Songs? We love so many things, that sometimes it loses the meaning of love. I remember when I was in middle school every boy I went out with I loved. I am in college and looking at the "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, and it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always and preserves."-- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 …..was I really in love, if this is what love is? We get so caught up in the jealously and lust. We forget why God brings two people together. Because two are better then one-Ecclesiastes 4:9. Two people coming together to bring praise and Glory to Gods name is better then one.

I feel like I went from obedience to a serious relationship talk but oh well, God's bringing it tonight haha! That verse really has been on my mind about being patient and obedient and not awakening things before they are ready. Putting the things we want in the back of our head, and keeping our eyes and focus on God. To stop planning, stop wishing, embody the flesh, and believe in his perfect love. Being patient and knowing that he is God, and ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR HIS GOOD.

1 comment: