Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My heart hurts..




So I was running on the beach this morning down at my condo in Hilton Head and there was a small plane down, half in the water and half on the beach. It had obviously crashed and there were caution signs and police all around. I figured that a plane maybe just had a bad landing but the plane looked okay and figured all was okay. Later that night I learned there was man running with an iPod in a few hours before me on the beach. A small plane grasped that he did not have enough gas to get to the Savannah airport so he was going to try to land in the water. Well because of the iPod in the runners ear I guess he could not hear the planes emergency signal landing and was literally killed. This man was taking a jog in the morning and hours later, he was suppose to be going home to Brunswick for his 3 year old son’s birthday. Can you imagine? Going on vacation and your family being notified you would not be making it home that night. This crushed my heart... What if I had been running a few hours earlier, I always run with my music blasting and don’t really pay attention.


Life is short. Were always assume…”well, when I get this age ill live this life, or when I get older ill go to church and take my kids.” We are NOT promised tomorrow. Only today.

"Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus" Philippians 3:13-14.

This horrible accident made me think of this verse and Paul pressing on towards the goal of Christ Jesus, and not looking behind him. How many times to we mourn over the past, or just say that can wait...

I want to end in this verse

Psalm 118:24This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Let’s really live like this. How would we be living if we knew we wouldn’t make it till tomorrow or next week..

No comments:

Post a Comment