Monday, February 22, 2010

Be still.




So today I realized I am a control freak.weird?me? I am so bad about giving control to God, and thinking I can do it better. I run around all day and I pour myself into so much stuff and I can just feel God in the back of my head saying..

"Be still, and know that I am God" (Psalm 46:10)


How hard is that for us, I mean Americans work longer hours than any other country. It's a known fact that every year the hours working gets longer and longer in America.. All for what though? All this stuff that we pour into and things that become so important that brand new car, the high class job, or even that sorority. We can't take it to heaven? All this stuff that matters so much-that we feel the need to work every hour of the day to get ahead, will it matter in the end?


I need to do alot better job at being still and being in the presence of God, and getting my priorities straight. I need to stop putting God to the back and getting done everything else first. Lord, I surrender all this stuff that I put in front of you. Help me realize you are my first love and everything else can wait.


Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also-Matthew 6:21

No comments:

Post a Comment