Saturday, February 13, 2010

Let Go And Let God


So i keep seeing that blogs are getting more and more popular and well considering i am 4 hours from my family and friends its hard for them to keep up with what’s going on in my life. My life has changed so much in the past month...now that I have begun to give my whole heart to the lord, he's been revealing to me all these new desires I never knew were there. I love looking back at children bible stories ..this verse really stuck out to me in Mark



17"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."


Jesus had called them to be with Him, promising to make them fishers of men. Immediately they gave up their fishing business to follow Him. I wonder if I would have had that much obedience back in the day to trust him. I think about fishing was how they supported themselves...they had to have thought that by giving up their fishing business they would be bringing home no fish that day.I mean they literally left everything to follow Jesus. How hard is that to leave something so comfortable, for an entirely whole new career.


They had followed jesus partially before, but now they made the choice to abandon their career and follow him in pure obedience. When they let God in to this part of their life, he began to bless them more then ever. It was when Peter truely believed that God was going to supply his needs all his "what if" fears vanished.


What I got out of this story is to follow Jesus they had to leave things that were comfortable /secure to them, their ships & nets. Peter needed to know though he was a great fisherman and knew everything; God knew more and had much more to teach him. This makes me want to be more careful what I try to bring with me when I seek to follow Jesus. I was really reminded of what it takes to follow Jesus, its being vulnerable and open and making yourself less so he can be greater.

No comments:

Post a Comment