Monday, February 15, 2010

LUMP








Weird heading i know, my bible study watched a nooma video tonight called LUMP . HIGHLY recommend it by the way.



The video is basically a story of a little boy who lies to his parent about something he had taken, and also about hitting his brother. When he is confronted he just repeats "I don't know where that came from? It’s just the strangest thing" His parents know the little boys guilty and eventually calls him out on, the boys is frozen, he's busted. The little boy being shameful runs to his parents room and lays under the covers and cries and cries and hides ashamed. His dad finds him after looking for him after awhile in his bedroom in a LUMP under the covers.

The father pulls the blankets back and know the little boy has two choices 1.does he pull the covers back over his head or 2. Does he lie there totally exposed and vulnerable? His dad sits on the bed and pulls him close and repeats "There's nothing you could ever do to make me love you less" WOW!

I feel like his dad should have been so mad and annoyed he was just lying and running away from it by hiding and yet his dad just repeated those words, “There’s nothing you could ever do to make me love you less" How hard is it for us to believe that God loves us no matter what we have done or will do. There are so many thing I am ashamed of, and I don't understand how can can still love me.

Romans 8:38 NOTHING CAN SEPERATE US FROM GODS LOVE.

I relate to that little boy, a lot times in the past instead of being vulnerable and giving situations to God, I was like "NO.i can handle this baggage" I ran away from God when i should have pulled closer to him. Time and time again God was saying, " it's okay Christie, it's all paid for, leave your baggage at the cross, I love you, and nothing you can do can make me love you less." How completely powerful is that statement

"nothing you can do can make me love you less."

It's funny we can mess up one time with a friend or a boyfriend and they can completely write you off. Or the opposite we write people off daily for letting us down or hurting us. Friends forsake us, boyfriends hurt us, parent let us down.Yet we hurt God, and turn our backs on him every day and he still there.Everytime bringing us back to him. holding us close..saying i love you. your wanted. Goodness. his love is extravagant.

I use to not even get emotional talking about God's love, just thinking it was there but not a big deal. Now i find myself tearing up every time i think about the cross and the nails going into Jesus hands. What a beautiful God. Even if there was no one else on the earth but me, God still would have sent his son to die for me. Talk about true love.



Please. Watch this video & know you are worthy, and desired by your lord and savior. NOTHING YOU CAN DO CAN MAKE HIM LOVE YOU LESS, you are never to far to come home to dad.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRqcDhips9I




1 comment:

  1. That is my FAVORITE nooma video!!! It spoke to me so deeply. There is NOTHING we can do to make Him love us less! So awesome! Love you - Jenny Williams

    ReplyDelete